Monday, July 9, 2007

Shake Your Groove-Thing!

My BratKids are too funny! BratGirl1 is shy in public; she doesn't speak above a whisper, if she even speaks at all. BratGirl2 is the strong-willed, extraverted, take-charge one. BratBoy--well, he's two-and-a-half (need I say more?) At any rate....

They like to put on "shows." Yep--major events. The top of our stairs is where the action is. It's our informal stage. And, being the animal-lovers they are (tree-huggers!), almost every show is about animals. Still, that's neither here nor there.

What makes these shows so special? The way all three BratKids embrace the spotlight. It amazes me that, tonight, BratGirl1 composed her songs, performing as "Lea, the Queen of the Dogs," singing (and not quietly, I might add!) and dancing. BratGirl2 didn't try to "take over," as she so often does. Instead, she played her supporting role as the Puppy Assistant/MC so cooperatively. And they included BratBoy, funny hat and all! No one yelled at anyone. No one said "stop it!" or "stop touching me!" or "you're in my spot!" No one whined "you're not singing it right!" or "Be quiet! It's my turn!" No. Instead, it was a harmonious moment in time. A breath of fresh air. The perfect example of cooperation.

Don't pinch me.... I must be dreaming....

No comments:

Post a Comment